Sunday, November 13, 2011

If You Use Facebook And Twitter, Be careful!

Using Facebook and Twitter is a great way to keep up friends, find information and using it for your business. As a college student and future employee of a company, I know I have to be careful about what goes on Facebook and what I say on Twitter. As I read through my news feed on Facebook and my time line on Twitter, and I see what some people are saying I begin to wonder if they think before they post. People need to consider that if they want to get a good job they need to be careful about how they're presenting themselves because your future employers can find everything you post and I don't think you want future employers to see pictures of drinking or see a lot cussing or anything that makes you look bad. I think the younger generation needs to take more into consideration about the image and presentation they give online.

1 comment:

  1. You noted that the younger generation needs to be more concerned, but I feel like that is simply because it isn't as important to them yet. We are about to graduate college and job searching is at the forefront of our minds constantly. A high school student, or even freshman and sophomores in college, have years before they will even begin thinking about this. To be honest, I think it's just a scare tactic. Facebook and Twitter both have privacy settings that will not allow anyone to see everything you post. Your social life should be considered separately, rather than juxtapose to your career life. I'm not saying that we should post pictures of alcohol and cuss words every day, but I am saying that this has become an increasingly exaggerated argument over time.

    ReplyDelete